Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weight Watcher Walker

I did it..I finally made it to my first big goal on my weight watcher plan. It feels incredible!! After my meeting this week I talked to this lady that has lost over 110 pounds and she said something very profound. "Im still making peace with the person I used to be" It just stuck with me, it was one of those statements that shakes you to your core and resounds with your soul. I feel the same way about myself, Im still making peace with the person I used to be. The truth is though, I have something so much more powerful than just making peace, I am transformed into the image of Christ. When I vowed to follow Christ with my whole heart, I left behind the person I used to be and am now a new creation. So whether I lose or gain weight, I am still a child of the King of Kings. It brings me so much peace that I dont have to carry the guilt and shame of my sin, that when Christ chose to die for my transgressions he nailed them to the cross and gave me complete peace with the person I was. So, this little statement reminded me of how faithful and forgiving my God is. That is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment