Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Stolen Identities.

Today i decided to go on a really long walk. As i was walking i came across someone's doctors appointment card lying wet and crumpled on the ground away from someone's mailbox. I knew that those usually contain a lot of personal information and in this day and age people use your information to steal your identities. They tap into your money and investments and reck havoc on your life. I felt like the lord was telling me to pick up the card so i could properly dispose of it and keep evil far from the persons personal life. But i kept walking, why did i keep on walking? I decided that i would just simply loop back from my walk when i was done and pick up the paper if it was still there. But as i started thinking about that card it came to my mind that I myself have a stolen identity. Colossians 3: 3-4 and 9-11 says:

"For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory 9Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. 11Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all."

This thought just blew my mind! I died and now my life is hidden in Christ. There is no Courtney Frybarger without Christ. He is the image that has taken me captive and made us one in the same. He has taken my hands and feet and made them his own. He has taken my sins and put them on himself, God only sees Christ's atonement when he looks at me. How amazing is that? Christ took on my lowly, humanly image that is so meager and miniscule to him as God and made it his own. God broke all the rules, we are dirt compared to Holy God. He didnt have to make himself a man, but he did and then died in order that he may live in me. He stole my identity and brought me into his glorious kingdom as an heir and daughter of Christ. He has taken my old identity and thrown it away, i am a new creation bearing the glory of Christ which lives inside of me. This world squabbles over their differences and status but Christ is all and is in all! Can you even wrap your mind around that?! I find myself dumbfounded at the thought that Christ would take everything from me to make me his own. He doesn't get the good end of the deal, i do! That isn't even fair, but that is how great our God is. I bear the image of my Creator, his image and identity is sealed in me. I should have no confidence in my own flesh, but lean solely on the name of Jesus Christ who has taken me captive in him, he has taken my identity, by all means i give it to him. What am i compared to Christ? He wouldn't have kept walking from that doctors appointment card, he wants that persons identity to be one with his. He wants to tap into everything that you are and take it as if it was his very own life. That is the glory of Christ, that he would take the nothingness we have to offer him and make it the same power that he possess. I want to serve that God, i am humbled by that God, My identity has been stolen by that God. So who are you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment